Sunday, July 29, 2007

Catch-up #4: Enoshima

Prior to this, Jyun and I had a final "let's hang out" day by doing an all-nighter in a karaoke house. It was really fun. She passed out around 3:00AM. Me around 4:30AM. We had the room from 12:00AM to 5:00AM.

We also made tacos and spaghetti and Americanized food that I made for dinner. It was fun having a house guest again.

No photos though. Sorta forgot the camera the entire day.

The week afterwards (Monday), I got to see my homestay parents again. Mr. and Mrs. Yokota. They took me to Enoshima, which I learned, was where they had their first date (how cute!).


The walking "bridge" of the ocean. (Not really a bridge, although elevated. Maybe it was a dam?)



Some shots of the ocean and the area we walked around.

Enoshima Road. Lots of touristy shops and snacks.



A couple of temples at the end of the Enoshima Road up the mountain.


The view from the top in an observation tower.

The entrance to the walk up the mountain.

The famous Enoshima ramen. All that stuff we saw on the rocks? We're eating it.

I have a ton of aquarium photos. It's just really beautiful. But I'm just gonna post one to give the idea.

Jellyfish. Eerily beautiful. But I'm glad they are behind glass.

And of course, dolphins! I'm a kid again!

No comments: